Tuesday, February 2, 2010

19 and Counting....

Do you watch this show? I mostly watch the reruns while paying bills or sewing or making cinnamon rolls. I am strangely fascinated by this family. I love the values. That the kids are not ashamed of who they are and what they stand for. I love that the Mom truly likes being a Mom.

I like that the Dad's projects are always over the top. He likes to think big!

I like that they are frugal. No big changes in the way they live.

Today they were in Tn., helping family friends, the Bates, enlarge their house. It started off as a new laundry room. This family only has 16 kids and the Bates Mom is expecting her 17th. They live in a 1,000 sq. ft. home with one bathroom. By the time Jim Bob (the Duggars Dad) is done they have added 3000 sq. ft. and a 1000 sq. ft. front porch. He also added 3 bathrooms to the existing 1 bathroom. He got all but $400 of the labor donated, plus the Duggars provided alot of labor in themselves.

Tonight I will watch American Idol and then the Duggars - what does that say about me?! One extreme to the other.

4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I watch the Duggars, too. They are such a team, and I love that.

=)

jen said...

I don't watch them, but I did read about their baby in People magazine today while at voice lessons with Ben. It's Heidi all over again, except at 25 weeks. They do sound interesting, though.

Tamra said...

I love the Duggars! I told Mark that Michelle Duggar can't really be that calm and patient can she? I want to see what she was like when she had 6 kids 6 and under, before the had the help of her older children. In striving to have more of her neverending patients and her constant smile and endless supply of love I've decided I need to write to her and find out what kind of medications she is taking. Then I will call my dr. and get the same stuff.

Sarah said...

You are not alone...I can assure you! That's my line up too. I often do my Michelle voice on purpose to the kids just to make them laugh...and also because it magically makes them do chores.