Joy
Pride
Satisfaction
Busy
Lists of things to get and do
Tender
Panic
Wonder
etc.....
Today we have been cleaning out his bedroom. Lots of mysterious underwear, lots of broken toys, tools and various parts to things he has taken apart to see how they work. Dust in large amounts. Books, school papers from Jr high and College. I am waxing a little nostalgic after finding a picture of his first camp out with the boy scouts. Some of the boys are home from their missions already.
As we do this I keep thinking, Is he prepared both physically and spiritually? What have I done? Could I do different? Does he know what I know? It is enough to drive you crazy and yet he is showing a maturity that impresses me.
He is preparing himself,
and I think that is the most important thing.
3 comments:
Tucker said he got a surprise visit last weekend. The last time they'll be together as boys. Next time, they'll be men. A tear in my eye, a prayer in my heart.
Dal my pal. Where did he go?
It's such a bittersweet yet joyous time. I had tears in my eyes a lot the last couple of weeks, but I couldn't have been more thrilled.
Hugs to you.
=)
It's a hard thing. Letting Heavenly Father have them for two whole years. How will they get along without us? But they do, with His help and our prayers. Doesn't make it easier,but helps to calm the aching heart. For me it was like a grieving process, not so much for Tres or Zach, but for the beginning of the end of our family. People have said it's easier the second time...we shall see. Here's a couple sites that are fun. Don't worry, you're a great mom, and have done your job well!
www.larsonfamily.org/ideas.html
http://www.sugardoodle.net/Missionary%20Mom/index.shtml
Post a Comment