Is that a word?
Do you lurk?
I do.
I love to peek into peoples lives. See the kids of my cousins, friends and even people I don't know but have been touched by their writing. Does that make me equal to a peeping Tom?
NO! Please no!
I figure its like a year round Christmas letter, I love those.
So I confess - I am a lurker. I look at blogs everyday. I get a little frustrated when my favorites do not post for a month (of course that doesn't apply to my posting because I think maybe 3 people look at my blog and one is not even my mother!). I like pictures! Seeing how much the kids have changed/grown, what is important for the moment and I really like pictures of food. It makes it seem possible that I can continue to cook for my family for the next 30 or 40 years (YIKES!!) without going insane. Mostly I think in this day with my busy schedule, my friends busy schedules, my family's busy schedule, and the distance between us, I can keep up with what is going on without the hours on the phone, or the writing of letters (which I am really bad at, ask my brother who got maybe 2 letters on his mission).
Although I think I creeped out a lady I know when I mentioned something that she posted on her blog...she looked a little uncomfortable and then her blog went private....hmmm. On a side note, how do you ask someone to invite you to their blog? IF it is a good friend usually I get an excited email, kinda like a birth announcement, inviting me to look. But if it is someone who I know is cool, or heard about this great blog and it is private what is the etiquette of asking? When is is considered creepy to ask? Where is Emily Post when I need her?
Just a few thoughts while I have been laying in bed with the flu and had to pull my self up today to catch up on my daily blog reading!!
Here's hoping for better next week.
5 comments:
Make your dad check your blog. He's gotta spend enough time on the computer to visit once in a while.
And . . . I think if the blog is so cool that you have to be invited, it's really not that cool in the first place.
So there!
If I want to read it I do and if i want to put it on my list of blogs I visit I do it. If I want to be invited I would ask cause people go private for many reasons. I enjoy even reading about people I do not know. It's fun to see how other people live and handle life. I take it as a computer lesson.
And I look forward to your posts and wish they were more frequent
I love looking at blogs too, and facebook. I feel like a stalker but I just don't care. Thats what they are there for. Why else would people put their lives on the internt for all to see? As for getting invited to a blog...just ask! What would it hurt? If they say no...who needs 'em anyway? Love ya Karen! and your blog!
I am sorry about the flu. Being sick is miserable (so is being 8 months pregnant in case you wanted to walk down memory lane).
How to ask for an invite? I think it is flattering when people ask for an invite to my blog, so if they are offended by your requests, they didn't take it in the right spirit.
Post a Comment