One of my Favorite of all time is the Terminator movies - yes I know they are action packed and a little violent. I got hooked in the early 80's with the first one and have really enjoyed the series (including the Sarah Connor Chronicles on tv). Last night we
FINALLY
went to see the Terminator Salvation (I was so relieved it was not rated R, since the first one I have repented and not watched R rated movies (yes, I had to wait for T3 to show on tv)) for family home evening. Yes, we are stellar parents. Actually we planned it and all three kids ditched us. So Ken and I went ahead with the plan not knowing you have to have 3 in your party to get the family night discount at the local theater. Oh well, I thought it was worth it.
What a great movie!!
Ok - I know critically the story was under developed and not too much plot but the homage paid to the previous movies was spectacular!! I really enjoyed the whole movie - Ken was kind to me and let me laugh and explain the parody's. Really, I believe the director, MCG, who ever that is must love the other movies as much as I did (ok T3 was not as good).
I could go on to describe the little details used from the other movies but I won't bore you - but "I'll be back" someday and I will rent all 4 - download the clearplay edits - and make my children watch a marathon!! WHEEE!!!
Loved IT!!
PS - yes I watch Sci-fi channel all day on Saturday while I clean and iron just to see the movies!!
PSS - Yes - you are related to me!!
3 comments:
You make me laugh. This post was so funny!
And, I know I'm not related to you....but I'm wondering if my husband and boys are. SciFi Channel is a favorite in this house, but not my favorite. You will be glad to know, I don't make fun of them or even roll my eyes...I just let them enjoy the SciFi!
Also, thank you so much for making a donation, and adding the button!!
So kind of you!!
Not a sci fi fan, I must admit...but everyone else in my family LOVES it. Terminator included.
=)
Post a Comment