Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update



Brenn was sick of looking at my old blog and told me she was going to change my background.




What do you think?




I wondered if most would think they had the wrong blog! Well it's the right one, I am, apparently to lazy to change backgrounds but Brenn is not.




Next comes my latest project. I am the mom who does all the stuff for the wrestling coach at the high school. I cannot seem to resist volunteering. I blame my Grandma, she was like that too. Even when I was in high school she was still doing things for the wrestling coach.




Anyway, the last home match is Senior night (this Wednesday). They honor all of the seniors and their parents. Coach asked me to get the flowers for the mothers. You know, the ones that are dead at the end of the match? Yes, those. Since I am a take charge type of person and I am the one in charge I decided I did not want a dead flower. I love it when my kids give me flowers but by the time the match is over, the concession stand put away and all, that flower would be dead as a doornail.




So I started thinking about what I would like instead. Since it is within my power to change it instead of complain about it. I changed it and instituted a new tradition (at least until Logan graduates).



This is what I came up with (for the same price of flowers, mind you):


On the Front is MVT - for Mountain View Toros and the date. On the back is the name of your wrestler.

I had 2 ladies help me with the design and what beads to hang on the front but I think they turned out super cute and now I have all of the supplies for the next 3 years. Plus Brenn thinks its a great gift idea for her friends.

Sometimes I am amazed things turn out like what is in my head, because a a lot of the time what is in my head is WWAAAYYYYY better than it turns out in reality. Darn that reality!


6 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

That is WAY better than a flower! And your blog looks great, too.

=)

Jessica said...

Love it! I have always wondered how to stamp metal. Maybe you'll have to teach me someday. :)

Cindy said...

They turned out great! Fun project huh.

jen said...

Great job, my friend!
Now can I come make the mother's necklace I've been wanting and can't afford?
I'm not kidding.

Susan Anderson said...

I know that Heather contacted you about being a winner on the photo shoot giveaway, but just wanted to say congratulations!

=)

Anonymous said...

Is there any way you could sell those I know tons of people that would love to sport around some way cute school spirit jewelry!