Why have I been so busy? Well, here are the before and after shots of all of the drywall repair due to the new hot water heater and other such fun things like roofing!
Boys bathroom - I went ahead and just repainted the whole bathroom because they are pigs and the walls were so scraped up.
Down stairs family room ceiling. It took many trips to many
different paint stores to find the right color of white paint for the ceilings. But worth the time because I didn't want to paint all 5 ceilings!
Logan's room didn't turn out so well - some how the drywall was thicker and we will need to work on it but for now it better than a hole in the ceiling. It took lots of paint matching to pull it off, some didn't turn out so I had to paint all of Dallin's room, all of the bathroom, and one whole wall of the stairs. If you ever come to my house the stairs have 2 different colored walls but they are close enough that most won't notice.
Have I mentioned I feel cursed? Well on Saturday Ken noticed some water coming from under the dishwasher. Now my dishwasher is not that great, it works OK but not nearly as good as my last one. I figured I am not too happy to spend the money but won't miss the dishwasher. Unfortunately, after laying on the floor for 7 minutes (a rinse cycle) we found it is not the dishwasher it is the drain. More specifically, after calling my faithful plumber (Dirt Dog Plumbing 480-558-3190) he suggested it would be the pipe that runs from the kitchen sink drain to the clean out and under the house to the sewer. So Ken carefully knocked out the slump block and found the leak. Sadly, it has been leaking a while and the water has been going under the cabinet and then under my floor - UGHH!!
I feel cursed.
Some lady hit Dallin in the grocery store parking lot - her fault but still a pain
Had to get Dallin's car fixed ($1500) to pass emissions
a week later same lights on car dashboard! This time only $20 to fix
Brenn hits Dallin's rental car on the way out of the driveway.
It seems like one thing after another! I wonder if it is Satan trying to make it hard for us to afford Dallin on a mission?
Good Things.
Dallin just has to interview with the Stake President and his papers are in.
He is getting anxious and excited and wants it to hurry.
His job is giving him between 30 and 40 hours a week.
He is very responsible about getting to work on time and being a good employee.
Brenn is feeling better.
Logan is kicking butt in wrestling and the first match is Wed the 1st.
Christmas is around the corner and I am mostly done with shopping.
Ken's parents are celebrating 50 years of marriage.
The gospel is true.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. It seems like you're having a full life....with all the ups and downs that entails. Can't believe your car luck, though! Not good.
Glad your daughter is feeling better, and keep us posted on the mission news!!
=)
Seriously, girl. More? I thought you were all fixed again. That house.
Post a Comment