Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Made you look!!

I felt like I was getting a bit predictable by breaking in to my mom's blog on her birthday, so I'm doubly surprising her by doing it today instead!  SURPRISE!!  :D

Now you guys already know that my momma is the bee's knee's, but I'm gonna tell you a few more things that make her even more awesome.

She just finished making super awesome ward directories.  Which take up a bunch of time.  If you have ever made one of those bad boys, I salute you.  They take time.  And patience.  And persistence.  Three things my mom doesn't always have.  Mostly she's short on time.  The other two she's pretty much good with.  Did you know she hand printed each and every cover of the directories?  Kinko's couldn't do it the way she wanted without doubling her price, so she came home and printed them herself.  This gets even more impressive when you learn that our printer has a pretty serious inferiority complex, and that she had to pull each and ever piece of paper out of the printer at exactly the right time so the printer didn't mess it up.  Like I said, impressive.

She handed out those ward directories last night, and I woke up this morning to her printing a whole new directory that she had made on the side for the wrestling team.  I'm telling you, this woman in awesome.

She is also very selfless.  She gives up so much for our family.  This year, she convinced us that it was a good idea to give our Christmas to someone else.  She is such a good Christlike example to me; she is always thinking of others and how she can help.  I'm so excited for Christmas this year because I think our family will really be able to focus on the really reason for the season, without the worldly distractions.

I usually post a really flattering picture of the two of us together (remember last year??) but I don't really have one for this year, so instead I'm going to take a picture of the really super awesome birthday present Logan and I (Dad helped!) gave her.




Custom framing!  Woo!!  :D  Love you momma, hope your birthday was the bestest!!

2 comments:

jen said...

I've heard about that picture. It's better than she even said.
Wow, girl. You've got skill!
And happy Bday, friend

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday (late) Karen! That is a gorgeous photo, what a fabulous gift.