Thursday, May 26, 2011

Linky Party...

Wait, you thought I was hosting?  Surely you jest!  My linky party would be more like:

What do you read/do while sitting on the throne? 
Is that your only peace and quiet or do your kids still bug you?

Instead my bestie Jen  is hosting and her question is much more appropriate.

What are the most important things I need to teach my children? What are the principles that will lead them to being productive, independent, spiritual adults?


You can be as narrow as the most important thing or as broad as a list.

As I have pondered, I can do that I just don't often, my principle would be


Obedience. 

Not only to parents, but obedience to our Father in Heaven and his commandments.  To me, one of the best examples the Savior set was obedience to his Father.  He followed God's plan for Him, even though it was hard, even though He didn't think He could do it, He did and we all benefit.

I want to be that obedient.  I want my kids to see me being obedient.  In one of the other links,  Granny Sue (a fav for sure) spoke about how kids watch what you DO and they learn a lot more from your actions, then what you say.  I wholeheartedly agree with that!  It is my responsibility to model, sincerely, what I want my kids to copy.  It is our responsibility to study the scriptures, pray for guidance and know what we need to be doing. 

I am still a little emotional about my missionary and I can't express my gratitude for him serving.  For being obedient.  That just makes my heart so full it could burst.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

It's a wonderful feeling when your child chooses to serve a mission, isn't it? Obedience doesn't get much more active than that!

=)

PS. Thanks for linking!