Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Archeology Museum





Here we are at the Museum, like my buddy? I felt like Harry Potter! Luckily she did not ask me a riddle! This museum was neat - lots of Roman influence and some of the things they left behind.







This statue is of a very famous Spanish artist - Velazquez - one of the things we noticed was how much they revere their artists. Very Proud of them, as we should be.














This guy looked very uncomfortable, but holy!! The carving on the coffin was very detailed, I wondered how long after he was dead did they finish? Or did they start before you died and it waited for you?













Ken was fascinated by the old Roman coins, money always attracts the men. Some of the things in the cases dated before Christ. WOW!!!








This museum is where we figured out that in Spain all elevators start at 0 which is the ground floor, after that you get -1 for the basement. Most of the things in this museum was presented in Spanish with no English subtitles, most of the others had Spanish, English and Arabic.

We walked and walked on this trip. I was happy to see that I could keep up and enjoyed the buildings and fountains. I did figure out the big traffic circles, most had some sort of monument in the middle and fountains also.

No comments: