We got up Thursday morning feeling like we were missing something (1 whole day) and decided to find some breakfast. Linda had the Rick Stevens guide book, I would recommend this anywhere you go- my guide book had better pictures but Linda's was much more informative and had better trivia!! So off to the Plaza Mayor, this is where all the civic and social stuff went on several hundred years ago, like executions etc. It was a complete square with several ways to get in, so we walk up and the really charming waitress snags us for her patio, it was fairly early say 9am and a little chilly, but alas no indoor restaurants in the Plaza Mayor. We are trying to order breakfast, needless to say it was nothing any of us had ever eaten for breakfast - Linda and Mom wanted to try churros (rick was wrong about this) they were cold and small, Dad and I ended up with the big roll and a huge hunk of cheese - the cheese was really good (except for all the burping about 1 hour later, 40 is not all pretty). Mostly this was our worst breakfast except the waitress was really fun and we learned how expensive breakfast can be - I think we spent about 12 euros each - for bread and cheese!!!
The buildings were really pretty - the upper floors are still apartments that people live in and the bottom floors are shops and a tourist info place with 15 minutes of free Internet.
One side was painted with pretty murals and a big clock.


I do not now who the statue is and if I did I do not remember - lots of statues to remember!!

I will have to get Ken to translate the sign.
2 comments:
Really? How big is the plaza?
Your pictures are so beautiful. It must have been fasinating. I sometimes think the buildings in Logan are old. They aren't anything compared to Europe. What a fun trip!
Post a Comment