Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random Post


Random post today - probably not 25 things tho - that's too much pressure.





First - is it really bad to turn on your A/C in February? I know this may be hard for those of you in the colder climes but... really it was too hot to sleep (82) so I got up and flipped the switch from heat to cool - Its still THERE!! It was 87 yesterday. I love this weather - not too hot and not to cold.





Next - I found these at Costco - 120 calories for 9 crackers - I can't seem to stop at 9 but...

I have been sick to my stomach for 3 weeks - anything that sounds good I try because food is not too attractive right now - so I tried these (I am soooo tired of saltines) they are FABULOUS!!!!

If you meet me and I smell like garlic....

Next - I should comment on this blog http://snarky-belle.blogspot.com/ because she is the one that started me thinking but I am not sure I could add anything she or her commenter's haven't said and I don't want to repeat. I will just bore you and my posterity.

Headaches

are my mountain - not even my headaches (which are bad enough) but the headaches of my beloved daughter. They are squishing her. Keeping her from meeting her potential. Hurting her, hurting her Dad and I. She is the most amazing thing - she has always been that way. When she was little and people would compliment her to me I would just say "she came that way!" And she did - she was a complete "arrow" from the get go. And I can't launch her into the world because she is unable to manage it. Now on one hand, I like that she still needs me at 18 - but on the other, she is such a capable person, so together, she would do well on her own and find all the fun, painful, lessons I learned on my own. So how do we get past this "mountain"?

I don't know!

Ok - on to better thoughts!! Logan - he is an animal!! He wrestling intramurals for his Jr High, and doing the freestyle club. This means that on Mon and Tues he stays after school until 5 pm or so to practice wrestling with his Jr High team - he then rides his bike to the High school and helps teach the grade school kids wrestling. Then he has freestyle practice from 6:30 - 8:00 and then he rides home, has dinner, does homework and goes to bed. On Wed he has piano lessons and scouts. On Thursday he has intramural matches and on Saturday he has freestyle tournaments. Not to mention keeping his room clean and mowing the front yard. How is that for a 13 yr old?! He is loving every minute. Luckily intramurals only lasts a month so he should not get too tired.

Guess I should brag on Dallin a little too - We got the pictures of the wrestling team...only he was allowed to smile. His nickname is Smiley - most of the kids don't even know his name is Dallin. The parent ask who my child is - when I say "Dallin" they look at me funny, because there is another Dallin on the team and we look nothing alike (I guess) - then I say "Smiley" and they all go "OOHH!!" we love him! So he is the only one allowed to smile - every one else looks tough. Poor Dallin - Jethro is still giving him fits - but he is learning a good skill (auto mechanics). I think he is tired of it - I know I am!!

I did get an email from Dallins English teacher telling me how much she likes Dallin, how smart he is and that she enjoys him in her class. That is such a nice thing to hear, even when they are 17!!

I think that is it!! My random post. I would like to post more - I seem to have a hard time coming up with something (until I start anyway). I will get better.

5 comments:

jen said...

Way to spin the English call. You crack me up!
And isn't Snarky Belle the best?
Hang in there my friend!~

Kat said...

Your post made me smile, ponder, and tugged at my heart. You're in our prayers.

Tamra said...

I am so sorry to hear about Brenn and her headaches. My mom always suffered from headaches, as a kid I was so annoyed by them, as an adult I feel so bad for people who suffer with unfixable pain. We will keep her in our prayers. You boys sound amazing. You've done such a great job with you kids. I hope I don't ruin mine too badly, but if I do, I know who I am shipping them off to as teenages-better start praying I'm a good mom.

Susan Anderson said...

Does she have migraines? My husband used to suffer from those and has finally found some relief with a medication called caffergot. It has made a huge difference for him. (Unfortunately, it doesn't help my son who is in college and has just started getting them, too.)

I hope your daughter finds her answer soon.

Snarky Belle said...

I am thinking of you!
(((hugs)))