Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Homemaking.......

Last night Kirsten and I taught a class at Relief Society.  It was Christmas in July.  Just like an old fashioned Homemaking meeting! 

It started with a display and a sign up sheet.  Minimal cost but cutie things! 

Monday, Kirsten and I spent the afternoon doing our Visiting Teaching and shopping (in 111 degree heat I might add). 
Tuesday we went early to set up and prepared for our class. 

A lite dinner was served, we chatted and giggled.  A short cooking demo was hosted by the lovely Taina, she taught us how to make truffles (I call them bon bons) and they are wickedly good!!

Then we all started our classes.  We taught our cute boards, made with scrapbook paper, Elmer's glue, and a picture frame (see here).  Women flitted back and forth because they signed up for multiple classes, we talked, created, met and got to know new people, and had a lot of fun!

I miss homemaking meetings.  I know we are all really busy, but it was such fun to talk with women in the ward who are in Primary, or are not within the circle of ladies I work with or know.  I felt like I made several new friends, caught up on some old friends, and played with my SIL Kirsten.  Brenn got to come too, it has been a while since we did a mother/daughter homemaking.

The only thing missing was a quilt to tie for homecraft.

*sigh*

2 comments:

jen said...

Takes you back to 34th ward, doesn't it?
And, for the record, not liking the cleaning from yesterday . . .

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like you guys had some fun. (Old school.) Especially Christmas in July.

=)