I am catching up so here is the scoop in a nutshell:
Algebra II is taking up all of my life. Actually I am teaching it to my son Logan. I can teach math. Don't ask me about English, you only have to read my blog to find out I am crummy at English. Really, I think it's that I don't care so much, in about 5th grade we did an English packet that taught me to combine sentences with the words 'and', 'or', and 'but', I liked the idea that I could do such a good job on the packet. Then we went on to the next packet that involved chopping up long sentences into smaller ones. What??!! I did so badly because I thought they were supposed to be long. I never got over it, English became my least favorite subject and loved Math. It is always the same, the rules always apply, no i before e except after c and sometimes y!! (Sorry Sue and Jenny.)
ANYWHO, on to what is taking up my life. 4-6 hours a day with Logan learning the finer points of Algebra II. We are almost done. Not to shabby to do 1 full semester in about 2 weeks.
Saturday our last hot water heater went (cold showers are bad even when it is 105 outside), so we are trying to get it replaced with a tank less system. This requires holes all over in my basement ceiling and the wall in the hall. What is a little more drywall work, we still haven't patched the holes from re roofing.
Really this post was entertaining and funny in my head while taking my cold shower, somehow it lost its zing in the translation.
My Brother Ryan and his family are here from Indiana. They are waiting to find out where Ryan will find a teaching job, so we get to enjoy them. They come over most days to swim. I am usually doing math, but still manage to spend some time with all of them. They really have the cutest kids ever!
Brenn is back from her trip to Australia and New Zealand, she has been full of stories and fun things they did including skydiving and horseback riding. They encountered a few problems but were able to figure it out. I am envious of her travels but excited for her to have the opportunity. Check out her blog if you want to know more.
School starts in about a week and I am not ready, I like my kids home!!
Well that is about it - wish me a warm shower soon.
2 comments:
I am TERRIBLE at math, and I'm impressed that you are able to be a good Algebra teacher for your son. (So I guess it's okay if you wouldn't want to be teaching him how to diagram sentences!)
Different strokes for different folks, right?
And yes, I hope you get that warm shower very soon!
=)
Is Brett putting in the tankless? I've thought about it a lot, but I don't know much about it.
Tell me what you find out.
And lunch was fun. Why do we wait so long to do that?
Post a Comment