Friday, August 6, 2010

The Price of Hot Water

You would think that getting a new hot water heater would be pretty straight forward.  Unfortunately we do not roll that way!!  In order to install a tankless system it is required to have a 3/4 inch cold pipe and a 3/4 inch gas line.  We had neither in the spot of the old water heater and so our Handy Dandy Plumber (Dirt Dog Plumbing) Bret and I started hunting for the needed pipes.





Here....


and here.....


and here....



and here....

and here - oops that is left over from this!!  But was very helpful, I knew there must be a reason
we hadn't fixed it besides laziness.

Here is the new Hot water heater.  No tank to flood my house again!!  All the hot water you need without having to heat the tank the whole time.  The literature says it will pay for itself in 3 yrs, it lasts at least 2 times as long as a regular tank and the federal government has a 30% tax credit - all in all it was still a little more than a tank but I think it was worth it!!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm impressed. When my hot water heater broke and I tried to get a tankless I was told it could only be done when you build a house. Now I know.

Susan Anderson said...

I've never seen that...I'd like to find out more about how it works.

=)

Karen said...

Go to Rennai.com, that is the brand my plumber recommended.

Cindy said...

Your plumber is awesome! I actually had him install two Rinnai's in my house several years ago. I can run my washing machine, dishwasher and have all 3 showers going at once and know one runs out of hot water. Not to mention the space that removing the two inside heaters gave me. Gosh - I sound like a commercial. Gee Karen, you should get some kind of deal with all this advertising. Hope you're happy with it and have a good drywall man.

Liquid Roof said...

Nice one in fact your water heater is so good and with this you have less chances to destroy your something.