Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas at the Cole House

Christmas morning we wake up - not to early this year (all teenagers!) and line up, Dad goes in and turns on all the lights, then lets the kids in. They line up according to age, that means Gma is last this year.Grandma was a good girl her stocking was full of good stuff.


My kids and Ken always give me a hard time because my stocking is the biggest. I just tell them my mom made it and she knew what kind of kid I was and I was always really GOOD!







Ken got a new shirt he loves. The Grinch is part of our Christmas traditions. We always string popcorn for the tree and watch the original Grinch movie.






Logan was excited to get the Inkdeath book and a new MP3 player.




Brenn got a kickn' new coat. BYU here she comes.







Dallin got the season 1 dvd of Psych - if you don't watch (Friday nights on USA) you should, it is one of our family favs.






Also some sun glasses for when we get Jethro fixed!!





Ok this is my attempt at photography - it rained so much on Christmas that my poinsettias (which I kept alive for more that 3 weeks) had the most beautiful rain drops and I wanted to get a cool picture. I am not sure I succeeded but....


Okay - Brenn will not be happy with this but they were so cute! Arms hooked same expression, aren't they cute?!



I just wanted to end the year with a little about my testimony of Christ. I am so grateful to have a knowledge of the true gospel and to know my Savior. I want my kids to know that I am SURE in the knowledge of the Atonement and that we do have a living prophet and he leads us. I know the key to living a gospel centered life is to do the little things read your scriptures and pray EVERY day, keep the commandment as best you can, and attend church regularly. If you keep up with these things the rest goes much easier. Repentance is set up so we WILL use it, not can, but will, we all have to repent, that is the beauty of it, no one can lead a perfect life except Christ, but each of us can start again and again. I have a SURE testimony of tithing, the best way to receive blessings is to pay your tithing. I believe in eternal families, I know I will see my family again and rejoice in the goodness of our Heavenly Father with them. I am glad Christmas gives us time to reflect on the life of Christ and to once again dedicate ourselves to following his example.




2 comments:

Dan and Jan said...

I enjoyed your testimony, thanks for sharing!

Tamra said...

What a good way to sum up Christmas with such a moving testimony. Your kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mom. Christmas at your place looks like loads of fun.