Monday, April 14, 2008

Faster and Faster!!! The Madrid Temple

Great pictures!!


On Saturday we were planning to board the Ave Train for Malaga but before leaving we wanted to attend the Madrid Temple - How cool is it to be the one wearing the translation headphones? So on Friday night we used our weak wireless to try to find where in the city it was - we had the address but no directions. I tried Google earth, which although is really cool it is not the absolute best way to figure it out - Using the subway map and Google earth we thought we figured it out. We also tried to call the temple and that is when we found out that Spain was not easy to call on our free cell phone.
Anyway, we got up super early and grabbed the Metro to where I thought we should and sure enough only about 2 blocks away we found the temple. As you can see in the pictures it was just before sunrise. What a beautiful temple. We enjoyed a session and then visited the distribution center (I forgot my Book of Mormon and wanted to continue scripture study).
These Pictures are from the Engineer - we have several of these where either he could not believe they would build some road that way or was impressed. I am not sure which this was, I will try to get Ken to blog about it!


2 comments:

Sera said...

I think that it is so smart of you to be recording your thoughts of your trip in your blog. You may not have keep a jounal on the actual trip but who has time for that anyway. The important thing is that you are doing it now! In 10 years when you think back to the trip and read this blog it will not make a difference when you recorded the info...you will cherish it all the same. Great Job, keep it up!

Jaimee said...

Hello Karen, I just found your blog. These pics of the Madrid Temple are beautiful! What an experience it must have been to attend a session there! Thanks for letting me snoop. Great blog! -Jaimee