Here is a view of our resort - Costa del Mar I think.
Our condo was right below the palm tree on the left.
After the Temple we packed up and left our hotel room to find 2 taxis to take us to the train station, luckily we knew the station better and where we should go - you will notice I said "should" -once again Ken's ability to speak Spanish was handy. We did get thru security and on the right track and had a really nice place to sit at a table. This trip was to be about 3 hours, good time to write in my travel journal and keep detailed notes on what we did, unfortunately I did not take in to account the Hamilton genes in most of us, so instead of being a good girl and journaling, we made friends with a couple from Argentina!! They were very interesting and we spent the whole ride chatting. So like us! We arrived in Malaga and switched from the really nice train to the commuter one - it took an hour to go about 25 km to Fuengirola. We grabbed 2 cabs and found the condo - it was so nice. The picture above is the walkway to the beach from our resort. The area is called the Costa del Sol - the water was so blue.

Here is our grocery and gas station - not too far but of course downhill - so everything you carry is uphill home.
This is the castle in Fuengirola - it was about 1 mile from us. We explored our resort and around the beach on Saturday - ate an early dinner and played cards!! The next morning we really hadn't planned too much so I did not set an alarm, Ken and I woke up about 11:15 am, I guess the jet lag, time difference and lots of walking finally caught up with us! We felt really bad holding up everyone until about 1/2 later my mom woke up!! Apparently we all needed some rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment