Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Really????

I have several blogs I enjoy reading on a semi-daily basis. Most are mommy bloggers, some make great money (or so I hear), some for the prose and some are in it for the effect. Have you read Seriously So Blessed? Or Mormon Bachelor Pad? I feel I have made some really good friends and found some of them have touched my heart.

But some I am not so sure about. I followed a link to this blog and felt sad that the object was to get away from your kids. Now I am all for some mommy time, and I remember pulling my hair out over things my kids put me through on Sundays but I wanted to enjoy my kids, so I found some things that both the kids and I enjoyed. Maybe I am taking this to seriously or personally but I truly feel sorry that this lady (and apparently lots of others) feel this way about not only theirs kids but also Sunday, which is supposed to be a good day. It's all about attitude.

Anywhoo....on the an update. Ken and I had a record weekend! Clean minds people! We actually went out to dinner with friends both Friday and Saturday night! That is some kind of record for us. We are not good daters. But since there was a wedding reception on Friday and I was too lazy to cook something we just thought we would eat out after (usually means Taco Bell or some such classy restaurant) but low and behold some friends we were talking to had the same thought and so I was inspired to invite them to go with us. We had a lot of fun. And on Saturday we got to meet Wade's fiance, so we went to dinner with them too! WOW~!!

I have to say I really liked Wade's Heather. She even found my blog and comment on my stalking post before I had a chance to hide it!! What a great sport. I thought they went well together and loved when she helped him remember niece and nephews names. I do that with Ken all the time and it made me feel like they were really good for each other. I also want to note that Ken clicked on her blog and read before I did! She also friended me on facebook - like I said Classy Chick!!

I am so ready for my Botox! Don't judge me. My headaches have been really ramping up and alot more frequently so come Monday (or a week later) my eyebrows will not move and my head will be a lot more happy! I forgot how little I got done when I had more frequent headaches. I feel really behind.

As far as Spring Break - all of the kids friends seem to be out of town so we have a quiet backyard. I feel really lonely. I really do love to have all of the action at our house. These kids are so great and a lot of fun.

I am not going to apologize for the lame post because I noticed I keep doing that. I want have a record of what our life is really about. So here it is.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I kind of agree with you about that post and the comments. Sheesh!

=)

Huston Family said...

I love your posts! You say it like life is. And I love keeping up with the Coles! Keep on bloggin.