Thursday, March 4, 2010

Watch the Pugde!

I found this at Sprouts yesterday....you learn something new everyday. Yesterday I learned about No Pudge Fudge brownies. Oh, and that Sprouts does not carry Chow Mien noodles for Hawaiian Haystacks.
Just add yogurt. Brenn was all up for trying until she saw the yogurt. She really doesn't like yogurt and adding it to brownies just seems wrong. I think I scarred my kids for life with the fudge made with Velveeta.
Really. I used to watch the food network to try to make me like cooking. To see that it was no big deal to prepare food. Paula Dean was one of my favorites. Her recipes are full of fat and carbs, whats not to like? She demonstrated a fudge recipe that she said was great. The main ingrediant is Velveeta cheese, but she promised it you couldn't tell and it made it really easy and smooth. I usually make fudge with the marshmallow creme recipe and it is pretty fool proof but I thought I might branch out a little.
Disaster!!!
The fudge tasted awful! Really awful - as bad as it sounds, it was worse!! So we left the No Pudge Fudge Brownies on the shelf.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I think I would have liked to try the No Pudge Brownies. I use yogurt in a lot of unusual ways, and it just makes things creamy and moist.

Go back and try it! heehee

=)

PS. :But the Velveeta cheese thing? Not so much.