The wrestling banquet went off with out a hitch. Not one hitch but several! Actually besides the rain outside and the cold temperatures and switching to the small gym - then to the large gym, no helium allowed in either gyms.....
The food was great. The coach gave lots of awards, he even gave me one. The DVD was fantastic and the great big screen in the big gym was really fun. David, the great man who put together the DVD does such a great job, each wrestler gets a copy to remember the season.
I had arranged for a sound system from one of the moms and she had it all loaded and ready so I felt bad that she did all that for nothing but I did not know until about 2 hours before it all started. The school does not allow helium balloons because if one gets let loose it triggers some alarm and they get in trouble, so the decorations were lacking for a while but we got it all solved and it looked good.
Luckily I had a whole passel of moms to help me pull it all off. Thank Heaven for great women!
On to American Idol. I finally got to watch, since last night I was a little busy I had to wait until today. Krystal is awesome, my pick for winning the whole thing if she can stay healthy. Although I liked Lacey and Lily really well too. We will see how the boys do tonight - Lee DeWyze is awesome but I like Big Mike too.
On to helping Jenny with the wedding, although her countdown is freaking me out!

4 comments:
Gee, maybe you should consider hiring yourself out as an event manager!
Seriously, Jen is lucky to have you there for support. I'm sure you are helping her stay sane (or close enough to fake it...)
;)
The counter is freaking me out too. Dude. We are not old enough for this.
I can attest that the decorations turned out fine, and the banquet was great -- hurray for Costa Vida!
The blog version isn't nearly as good as the version I got on the phone today.
I'm laughing that Heidi's countdown is on your blog!
I'm sure you did great!! With all of that going on did you get time to make my mom her dress?? She just told me that you guys went shopping and got material. You are a busy, busy lady!!
Post a Comment