Thursday, April 29, 2010

Family Project

Since Dallin is getting ready to graduate and preparing for a mission we as a family decided to try to read the whole Book of Mormon, during family scripture study, before he leaves.

I figured it out and there are 238 chapters.  244 days until the end of the year (hopefully he will have his call by then).  We are trying to be really dedicated to reading every morning (sometimes hard when you wake-up with a headache) at 7am. 

I notice such peace in our house when we are obedient to this counsel.  It sounds like it should be easy peasy but we struggle sometimes.  Luckily all five of us are old enough to get up (and wake everyone else if they sleep through the alarm), it really helps if I am not the only one pushing for this to get done.

I am so grateful for the tools we have to bring us closer to our Heavenly Father.  Great scripture to testify of Christ, to show us how to live and what we should focus our time and talents.  I am always amazed at how fast we can go from obedience to wickedness in such a short amount of time.  Straight is the way and narrow is the gate - I am trying to aim my family towards.

I am so proud of Dallin and his decision and excitement to serve a mission. He is such a great man.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

What a great idea to do that as a family before he leaves. I'm sure you are going to see and feel some wonderful benefits.

=)

jen said...

Did you just call your boy a man? Please don't do that. I can't stand it.