All that time I had the radio on. Now I am a flipper, if there are too many commercials I will flip the station until I find music. As I flipped from one station to another I kept hearing the same commercial. The more it played the more annoyed I got.
It starts sounding like a government commercial. Like the stimulus package will kick in and "help" you reduce your CREDIT CARD debt. If you owe more than $10,000 dollars they will 'help' you reduce your debt to do their part in helping to stimulate the economy. It repeatedly stated it was not your fault if you are in over your head.
WHAT??!!
Did you or did you not swipe that card for things you said you would pay for?
First, this commercial is fraudulent by implying that the stimulus package is free money that will get you out all of that stuff you couldn't afford without paying for any of it. Then they tell you it is not your fault you overspend.
Secondly, how will the credit card companies stay in business if everyone who owed them only payed a small percentage of what is owed? Isn't that part of the current problem with foreclosures? That the banks are losing so much on mortgages that they need government money? (Okay, I admit the banks are probably still making some profit but still.)
Lastly, what about honesty? I understand that sometimes things happen out of our control and you can't squeeze money from a rock. But I am really talking, and believe the commercial is aimed at, the irresponsible. Those who spend recklessly, with no viable way to afford it.
Really, by the time I got home it was about 6:30 pm I was so steamed. This is part of why we are in so much trouble as a country. Big debt and no conscience.
I normally try really hard not to judge from the surface but what are these people thinking? Why do we feel so entitled to spend more than we make on things we really do not need.
Okay, off of my soapbox.
5 comments:
OOooo! I know the exact commercial. How about the ones that state, "don't you deserve it..."? The lack of integrity, the lack of ownership and responsibility is astounding. I think it is pure and simple theft. At least with a foreclosur or reposession you loose you goods. However with credit card write off you still have the purchases, okay food may be an exception but still. Now i'm irritated and I'm not even in my car.
What is it with you getting all political lately? Bee in someone's bonnet, I would say. (And all that driving and shopping? Thanks!)
I totally agree. Credit Cards are a good thing if you know how to manage it. If you don't have the money don't buy it.
I totally agree. Those commercials are very misleading. I know someone who took a company up on that type of offer and it sure wasn't pretty... for anyone....
As far as I'm concerned, if you can't pay for it at the end of the month, don't charge it.
Period.
=)
Post a Comment