Disclaimer: This is not the most uplifting of topics and I apologize if it is offensive but this is suppose to chronicle my family and this is just to good to pass up.
At the Junior high yesterday they ran a bus drill. Making sure each student knows how to exit a bus in an emergency situation, it is important, even if lost on a bunch of 14-15 year olds. During this drill one of the children in Logan's class made a smart, inappropriate remark and the rest of the class laughed. One of the vice principals reprimanded them harshly. Telling these children they were not living up to the integrity of Poston Junior High, etc.
In light of the trouble caused the teacher gave homework relating to the incident, a letter of apology to the vice principal.
Logan felt this was undeserved, as was the reprimand. According to him they have practiced since first grade and it was hard to take it seriously, plus all they really did was laugh.
His apology letter confiscated by his mother:
Dear Ms. ____________
I apologize for the way some of my classmates acted. Especially for the one kid who said 69. People should not have been laughing when he said 69. It is not something to laugh about, 69 that is. The way you disciplined us was good in my opinion. I am so glad that we have someone like you as vice principal not some wimpy person. But someone who keeps Poston's reputation going! I still feel bad about the 69 thing. 69 should not be said around campus. It is not even that funny. I mean I don't get it it is only two numbers put together 6 and 9. I am sorry for that.
When he would not let me read it I became really suspicious. So I finally wrangled it out of his hands and read it. First off I should get the Academy Award for not laughing until I cried (that came later), but told him it was wrong and he would get in way more trouble. He pointed out he did not sign it, but really I am sure they would have recognized his handwriting.
Then I looked him in the eye and asked if he knew what it meant. He assured me he did. I quizzed him further and asked where he learned such a thing and he told me an 8th grader explained it to him. HHhhmmmm.
I made him write a proper letter and took him to school.
I am recording this, with his permission, for posterity and so when he is 40 and his teenager is giving him fits I can read it back to him!
6 comments:
haha that's great!
This is the BEST story I've heard in a LOOOONG time! Thank you for the laugh. Your boy is funny. (No, I don't think it's funny that kids so young know what such things mean.) But, your boy is funny!
Which VP was it? Just curious . . .
I didn't even know that old symbol was still around. I would have thought it died out with bell bottoms and spoon rings.
Cute story, though. Good thing you checked the letter before he handed it in!
=)
That is too funny! Smart mama to demand to see the paper when red flags went up. And I bet I know which v.p. is was...the same one who threatened to suspend my 8th grader for possessing dangerous objects...a pencil and a rubber band...i know shameful objects. Worse yet, he had managed to conceal a paper clip, also on her list of "dangerous objects." I had to do some fast talking to save his behind!
Good for you not laughing. Until later. ;)
Visiting because Jenny at Denton Sanitorium suggested I do so and I usually do what she says because she's awesome. :)
Glad I came by!
Post a Comment