Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Recipes

I am not much of a cook....wish I liked it better.

I have been looking a Pinterest* lately and it seems like I am drawn to the food and the recipes.


I find this weird!

But I did stumble across someone who made no bake cookies and used half Nutella, half peanut butter.  I love the no bake cookies and since I found out I am sensitive to peanuts they have been on the DO NOT EAT or you will have a headache the size of Australia list.  Thanks to Pinterest* I started to crave them like I do a good cold Ding Dong.  So I thought I would try it.


a food photographer I am not!!


Yummy!  They turned out pretty well and although  they lack the lovely peanut taste and the texture is really smooth but they are really good and healthy too!  Whole grains baby!!

My Recipe (which means I got it from my mom!)

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

2 cups Sugar                   1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup butter                             1t vanilla
4t cocoa powder                   3 cups dry oatmeal
1/2 cup milk                                          . 

Combine the first column in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil on Med high heat, stirring to prevent burning.  Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and add the second column.  Stir to combine and drop about 1 tablespoon per cookie or so on wax paper to cool.  Fight over who gets to clean out the pan!

As a kid I got many a mouth burns because I couldn't wait for them to cool before eating!

As I try more of the recipes I will blog about the best ones (or worst) as I go.

*Warning:  Pinterest is addicting and time stealing!  

1 comment:

Sue said...

Looks good to me!

=)